Video Library

Installing A Curved Shoer Rod

Water Heater Element Replacement

Re-Screening Project

Testing Smoke Alarms

Combination Receptacle / USB Charger


Review Sony WCS-999 Wireless Microphone

How To Clear A Clogged Toilet

Garbage Disposal Care ( Part I )

Garbage Disposal Care ( Part II )

The Spinning Screwdriver

Correctly Wire an Outlet

Electrical Testing Devices

Cleaning Out Your Vacuum Cleaner

Indoor Coil Cleaning

Whirlpool Microwave Bulb

Replacing A Photocell

Replacing A Ballast

Caulking A Bathtub

Using A Key Cutting Machine

Testing Pool Water Chemicals

Replace A Toilet Fill Valve

Moen Style Faucet Repair

Rey Key A Kwikset Deadbolt

Whirlpool Oven Door Removal

LFI Photo
In most cases a plunger will do the job on most clogged toilets, but if it calls for it, use a "Closet Auger" for the more difficult blockages when working on a toilet. To learn more about this click here to see my video on How To Clear A Clogged Toilet.

The video's listed are all filmed on location of Alta Surf Apartment Home in Myrtle Beach, SC.
I have worked in the apartment maintenance industry for well over 30 years and started making these videos to help up and coming maintenance hopefuls learn some of the different types of calls they may incounter.
My hope is to have many more video's on all kinds of topics and maybe even have some series of some of the more in depth repairs such as HVAC, appliance trouble shooting and more.
Please come back often for updated videos and tips of the trade as I will be adding alot of content to this site.



LFI Photo

For quick wiring of a ballast, use this type of wire connectors. You simply push the wires into the connector and you are done. I featured these connectors in my video "Replacing A Ballast"
You can purchase them at any electrical supply house or even through HD Supply.

LFI Photo

The Spinning Screwdriver as featured in my video
"The Spinning Screwdriver"
is made by Klein Tools. This is a great screwdriver for installing or removing lock sets or any type of machine screw. It is a Phillips head and there is a straight head version as well. I found mine in the electrical department at Lowes for around $10.00 and I think you can find it at Home Depot as well, or order it online.
The Klein Part # is 682-6.

LFI Photo

Copyright © 2011 - 2012 Dan's Eye View Video Productions, All Rights Reserved.